Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick Update

Well, another week has passed in a blink.

The Romance Writers of Australia (RWA) conference was held in Brisbane over the weekend and usually I attend, but ill health and circumstances meant I stayed at home and hung around Twitter to see the results.

Congrats to all the winners. My great friend, Serena Tatti, was nominated for the Lynne Wilding Award for all the work she's done for the RWA but unfortunately didn't win.

Another MRWG member, Louise Reynolds, was a finalist in the Valerie Parv competition but unfortunately, she didn't win either.

And to complete the trio, I didn't win in the Dawn Halliday competition. SIGH.

But in great news, three MRWG members - Louise, Clare Jude and Dorothy Fisher - pitched to a USA agent and had their manuscripts requested. YAY ladies! Good luck!

So that's it for now...back to the revisions.
Elvina

2 comments:

Ebony McKenna. said...

Hi Elvina,
Keep on with Angel, I think this one will be your break through book!

Elvina said...

Thanks Ebony,
I hope so.
Elvina